Kohonen, J. & Tarvainen, T. (eds) 2021. Developments in map data management and geological unit nomenclature in Finland. Geological Survey of Finland, Bulletin 412, 169 pages, 41 figures, 18 tables and 4 appendices.
All the contributions to this volume consider the management of geological map data. The main focus is on questions related to data architectures and underlying geological classification systems, not on information system technologies. All the examples represent activities by the Geological Survey of Finland (GTK), but the underpinning concepts are generic and basically applicable anywhere with a similar geological environment.
The address, where from to download it additionally: https://hakku.gtk.fi/en/reports/search?publication_id=22041
A series of publications that have arisen from SEQS or SEQS-sponsored meetings are listed below.
Some of these links are directly to the publications themselves, while others are links to associated sites from which the material can be accessed. Additions to this section are welcomed!
- INQUA-SEQS 2020 virtual Meeting “Quaternary stratigraphy – palaeoenvironment, sediments, fauna and human migrations
across Central Europe” dedicated to the 70th birthday anniversary of Prof. Adam Nadachowski”. 28. September 2020, Wrocław, Poland.
Download abstracts SEQS2020_Abstracts_Wroclaw_Poland
Quaternary International Special Issue titled “Quaternary Stratigraphy – sediments, paleoenvironments, fauna and human migrations across Central Europe” is in preparation….
Quaternary International Special Issue titled “Eurasian animals and Quaternary environments: the contribution of Palaeontology to the SEQS-DATESTRA 2020 Virtual Meeting (Wrocław, Poland)” is in preparation…
- INQUA Congress 2019. SEQS Meeting “The Quaternary of Europe – stratigraphical perspectives and tools for correlations”. 25. – 31. July 2019, Dublin, Ireland.
Quaternary International Special Issue titled “The Quaternary of Europe and Adjacent Areas: Stratigraphical Perspectives and Tools for Correlations – SEQS-2019”.
Edited by Guzel Danukalova, Markus Fiebig, Pierluigi Pieruccini.
Volumes 605–606, Pages 1-364 (20 December 2021)
- INQUA-SEQS 2018 Meeting “Quaternary Stratigraphy and Karst & Cave Sediments”. 11. – 17. September 2018, Postojna, Slovenia.
Download abstacts and Guide book
Quaternary International “Quaternary Stratigraphy and Karst & Cave Sediments: the INQUA-SEQS 2018 Meeting”.
Edited by Guzel Danukalova, Markus Fiebig, Nadja Zupan Hajna, Pierluigi Pieruccini, Andrej Mihevc.
Volume 546, Pages 1-244 (30 April 2020).
- INQUA-SEQS 2017 Meeting “Quaternary stratigraphy and hominids around Europe”. 11 – 15th September 2017, Tautavel, France.
Download abstracts and Field trip Guide
Quaternary International “QUATERNARY STRATIGRAPHY AND HOMINIDS AROUND EUROPE: SEQS 2017 MEETING“.
Edited by Pierluigi Pieruccini, Markus Fiebig, Guzel Danukalova, and Vincenzo Celiberti. Volume 534, Pages 1-210 (December 2019) https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/quaternary-international/vol/534/suppl/C
- INQUA-SEQS 2016 Meeting “Bridging Europe and Asia: Quaternary stratigraphy and Paleolithic human occupation in Armenia and South Georgia (Armenia)”. Erevan, Armenia, September 2016.
Quaternary International “BRIDGING EUROPE AND ASIA: QUATERNARY STRATIGRAPHY AND PALAEOLITHIC HUMAN OCCUPATION”.
Edited by Markus Fiebig, Guzel Danukalova, Khachatur Meliksetian.
Volume 509, Pages 1-120 (10 March 2019)
- INQUA Congress 2015 “Quaternary Perspectives on Climate Change, Natural Hazards and Civilization”. July – August 2015. Nagoya, Japan.
Quaternary International “The Quaternary of Continental Europe: Stratigraphy, Correlation and New Data”.
Edited by Wim Westeroff, Markus Fiebig, Guzel Danukalova.
Volume 478, Pages 1-108 (10 June 2018)
- INQUA-SEQS 2014 Meeting “The Quaternary of the Urals: Global trends and Pan-European Quaternary records”. September 2014, Ekaterinburg, Russia.
Quaternary International “The Quaternary of the Urals: Global trends and Pan-European Quaternary records”.
Edited by Aleksandr Borodin, Evgenia Markova and Norm Catto.
Volume 420, Pages 1-402 (28 October 2016)
- INQUA-SEQS 2013 Meeting “CORRELATIONS OF QUATERNARY FLUVIAL, EOLIAN, DELTAIC AND MARINE SEQUENCES”. 23-27th September 2013, GeoEcoMar in Constanta, Romania.
Download abstracts – Download Guidebook
Quaternary International “Correlations of Quaternary Fluvial, Eolian, Deltaic and Marine Sequences: SEQS 2013.
Edited by Silviu Radan, Nicolae Panin, Norm R. Catto and Sorin-Corneliu Radan.
Volume 357, Pages 1-344 (30 January 2015)
- INQUA-SEQS 2012 Meeting “AT THE EDGE OF THE SEA: SEDIMENTS, GEOMORPHOLOGY, TECTONICS, AND STRATIGRAPHY IN QUATERNARY STUDIES”. September 2012, Sardinia, Italy.
Download abstracts – Download Guidebook
Quaternary International “SEQS 2012 Sardinia: at the Edge of the Sea”.
Edited by Vincenzo Pascucci, Mauro Coltorti and Pierluigi Pieruccini
Volumes 328–329, Pages 1-348 (10 April 2014)
- INQUA Congress, 2011 “Quaternary sciences – the view from the mountains”. SEQS session “Pan-European correlations in Quaternary stratigraphy”. July 2011, Bern, Switzerland.
Quaternary International “XVIII INQUA Congress, 21st–27th July, 2011, Bern, Switzerland”. (Congress abstracts)
Edited by Christian Schlüchter and Jürg Nietlispach.
Volume 279–280, 566pp. (16 November 2012).
Quaternary International “Pan-European Correlations in Quaternary Stratigraphy: SEQS 2011, INQUA Congress, Bern”.
Edited by Mauro Coltorti, Wim Westerhoff and Norm Catto.
Volume 292, 220 pp. (28 March 2013).
- INQUA-SEQS 2010 Meeting “Quaternary interconnections in Eurasia: focus on Eastern Europe”. June 2010, Rostov-on-Don, Russia.
Quaternary International “Quaternary interconnections in Eurasia: focus on Eastern Europe”. SEQS Conference, Rostov-on-Don, Russia, 21-26 June 2010
Edited by Alexey Tesakov, Vadim V. Titov, Alexandra N. Simakova
Volume 284, Pages 1-184 (23 January 2013).
- INQUA-SEQS 2009 Meeting “The Quaternary of southern Spain: A bridge between Africa and the Alpine domain”. Orce & Lucena, September 2009.
Download abstracts and Fieldtrips Guide
Quaternary International “The Quaternary of southern Spain: A bridge between Africa and the Alpine domain”.
Edited by Bienvenido Martínez-Navarro, Jordi Agustí, Isidro Toro, Paul Palmqvist.
Volume 243, Issue 1, Pages 1-248 (19 October 2011)
- INQUA-SEQS 2008 Meeting “Differences and similarities in Quaternary Stratigraphy between Atlantic and continental Europe”. Rennes, September, 2008.
Download Excursion Guide SEQS2008_Excursion Guide_France1
Quaternary International “Differences and Similarities in Quaternary Stratigraphy between Atlantic and Continental Europe”. Selected Papers from the SEQS 2008 Conference, Rennes, France.
Edited by Jean-Pierre Lefort, Guzel Danukalova, Jean-Laurent Monnier
Volume 231, Issues 1–2, Pages 1-116 (1 February 2011)
- INQUA-SEQS 2006 Meeting “Quaternary Stratigraphy and Evolution of the Alpine Region and the Mediterranean area in the European and Global Framework”. September 2006, Milano, Italy.
Quaternary International “Quaternary Stratigraphy and Evolution of the Alpine Region and the Mediterranean area in the European and Global Framework”.
Edited by Roberta Pini, Giuseppe Orombelli and Valérie Andrieu-Ponel.
Volume 190, Issue 1, Pages 1-180 (1 November 2008).
- INQUA-SEQS 2005 Meeting “From the Swiss Alps to the Crimean Mountains – Alpine Quaternary stratigraphy in a European context”. September 2005. Bern, Switzerland.
Quaternary International “From the Swiss Alps to the Crimean Mountains – Alpine Quaternary stratigraphy in a European context”.
Edited by F. Preusser, M. Fiebig and J. Spencer.
Volumes 164-165, Pages 1-220 (April 2007).
- ICS-INQUA-SEQS 2004 meeting “Pleistocene chronostratigraphic subdivisions and stratigraphic boundaries in the mammal record”. August 2004, Florence, Italy.
Download Field Guide Book SEQS2004_Excursion Guide_Florence_Italy
Quaternary International “Pleistocene chronostratigraphic subdivisions and stratigraphic boundaries in the mammal record”.
Edited by P. Gibbard & A. Markova
Volume 160, Issue 1, Pages 1-140 (January 2007)
- INQUA-SEQS 2002 Meeting “The Upper Pliocene – Pleistocene of the Southern Urals region and its significance for correlation of eastern and western parts of Europe”. June 2002, Ufa, Russia.
Download Excursion Guide SEQS2002_Excursion_Guide_UFA1
Quaternary International “Quaternary data from the Southern Urals region”.
Edited by Thijs van Kolfschoten and Guzel Danukalova
Volume 201, Issues 1-2, Pages 1-86 (15 May 2009).
- INQUA-SEQS 2001 Meeting “The Ukraine Quaternary Explored: the Middle and Upper Pleistocene of the Middle Dnieper Area and its Importance for East-West European Correlation”. September 2001, Kiev, Ukraine.
Download Excursion Guide
Quaternary International “The Ukraine Quaternary Explored: the Middle and Upper Pleistocene of the Middle Dnieper Area and its Importance for East-West European Correlation”.
Edited by Thijs van Kolfschoten and Natalia Gerasimenko.
Volume 149, Issue 1, Pages 1-122 (May 2006).
- INQUA-SEQS 2000 Meeting “The Plio-Pleistocene Boundary and the Lower/Middle Pleistocene transition: Type areas and sections”. September 2000, Bari, Italy.Download abstracts SEQS2000_Abstracts_Bari_Italy1
Download Excursion Guide
Quaternary International “Lower and Middle Pleistocene: INQUA Subcommission on European Stratigraphy Symposium, Bari, Italy”.
Edited by N. Ciaranfi, M. Coltorti, T. van Kolfschoten
Volume 131, Issue 1, Pages 1-116 (2005)
- INQUA-SEQS 1998 Meeting “The Eemian: Local sequences, global perspectives”. 6-7th September, 1998, Kerkrade. The Netherlands.
Download abstracts SEQS1998_Abstracts_Kerkrade_Netherlands
Download Excursion Guide SEQS1998_Excursion_Guide_Kerkrade
Geologie en Mijnbouw / Netherlands Journal of Geosciences “The Eemian: Local sequences, global perspectives”. Volume 79, 2000.
- INQUA-SEQS 1996 Meeting “The Dawn of the Quaternary”. 16-21 June, 1996, Kerkrade. The Netherlands.
Download Excursion Guide SEQS1996_Excursion_Guide_Kerkrade
Mededelingen / Nederlands Instituut voor Toegepaste Geowetenschappen TNO ; volume 60. “The dawn of the Quaternary”: proceedings of the SEQS-EuroMam symposium, Kerkrade 16 – 21 June 1996 ; INQUA-SEQS ’96. 1998. ISBN: 9072869613